2015年7月28日星期二

No Bluetooth in your vehicle? Use FM transmitter to play music through the vehicle speakers

PHOENIX - Music is a great way to pass the time--on a road trip, on the drive home from work, or even while out running errands. However, the current music on the radio may not be what you like to listen to.
Many newer vehicles have Bluetooth capability so you can listen to your iPhone or MP3s through the stereo. But if you have an older model car, you may not have that option.
You're not going to want to spend money on a new upgraded stereo. So, what do you do?
I found a FM transmitter that claims to let me listen to my music over an FM frequency channel. It's called the DP Video Car Music Player . I bought it at Frys Electronics for just $10 at the store. If you look online, it will cost $15. Other transmitters can be even more more.
How well does it work? Let me try it before you buy it.
The instructions are simple: plug the device into your cigarette lighter, find a station on your radio and program the same station to the FM transmitter.
Then plug the transmitter into your MP3 player. I keep the music on my smartphone so I used that during the test.
I picked a song I wanted to listen to, turned the volume up on my phone, then turned the volume up on my stereo. Voila! The music was coming from my vehicle speakers.
The music quality is pretty clear. You will hear some static, but that depends on which frequency you choose.
It's recommended to find a channel that isn't really strong or popular in the area. Pick something off the beaten path, that way there isn't any other programming to compete with.
If you can deal with the static, and perhaps having to reprogram the station every now and then, this device should work for you. It's also a great alternative to buying a new system.
I give it a thumbs up!

没有评论:

发表评论